Psychoeducational evaluations, provided by our nationally certified school psychologist and ISBE registered Independent Educational Evaluator, are geared towards determining eligibility for special education services.
Using a global assessment approach with interviews, observations, and direct and indirect assessment measures, we can provide schools with a comprehensive framework about a student’s cognitive processing, intellectual capacity, adaptive and functional skills, present levels of social-emotional skills and current academic functioning across settings. Recommendations are geared towards helping a child reach their academic potential. Consultation with IEP team regarding results and goal development recommendations are included.
Psychoeducational Services Available to Schools include:
· Academic, cognitive, adaptive, functional, social-emotional assessment
· Functional Behavioral Assessment (FBA) with accompanying Behavior Intervention Plan development
· Multi-tiered Systems of Support (MTSS), Response to Intervention (RtI), and Positive Behavior Intervention
Supports (PBIS) system consultations - honing in on criteria across tiered level, progress monitoring,
fidelity and validity of your interventions and more
· District-Wide Benchmark Assessment Data Analysis - see how your students are growing and performing,
especially students with Individualized Education Plans (IEPs).
· Behavioral Threat Assessment Protocol Consultation
· Community education, in-services, workshops and consulting for parent groups, schools and professional
organizations are also offered.
· Consultation with our supervising clinical neuropsychologist, Dr. Jennifer Huffman, from the Able Center,
is also available for an additional fee.